These ranks are my personal opinion about how good the different gods are in ToKH on Hard.
I have multiple clears on hard with different gods and comps.
Please upvote if these rankings helped you, or if you think they seem overall right :)
Keep in mind that these rankings are for the Hard mode.
They are based on the gods performance and viability to defeat ALL bosses.
How good the gods can clear trash is not affecting their rank much.
How good the gods are on Lion, and most of all Hydra, counts the most.
In Easy mode all gods is very viable for clear (with some gear), and different gods can be really strong.
An good example is Anubis, wich is really strong for rushing easy, and almost useless in hard.
Mages in general are good in Easy mode, but useless in Hard mode, as they cant do enough on bosses,
and cant survive alone, as ADC can.
Best comp to play is Melee/ADC/Heal for your first time clearing it, and its the best and most safe comp in general.
ADC/ADC/Heal is good for everything but Hydra.
Melee/ADC/ADC or Melee/Melee/ADC can be used by skilled players for speedruns.
All combinations without mage will probly be alright with the right gods, but comps as triple melee or double heal is not prefered. Triple ADC may work, but I do not recommend it.
For a strong comp that is easy to play, I recommend: Nike | Cernunnos/Anhur | Aphrodite
The best comp to defeat Hydra is: Amaterasu | Cernunnos/Ah Muzen Cab | Hel/Aphrodite
A good speedrun comp if you master all mechanics: Amaterasu | Cernunnos | Mercury/Anhur
If you want to play ADC/ADC/Heal, I recommend: Cernunnos | Ah Muzen Cab/Anhur | Hel
- You can switch items after each boss encounter if you want to.
- Your healer should always buy Shogun's Kusari, the attackspeed aura is really good.
- All type of Aura items as Sovereignty, Pythagorems Piece, Rod of Asclepius and Heartward Amulet is worth considering.
- Even tho protection is good, your melee should max have 2 protection items, and build mostly damage, as lifesteal with high dmg is the key to survive, rather than really high protections.
- Both the Melee and the ADC should have 2 Lifesteal items, I personally prefer Asi and Devourer's Gauntles ( Bloodforge has 10% less lifesteal and 20 more physical power than Gauntles at max stacks)
- Try to tank the boar so you get thrown into the wall right beside you, and not far away or in front of caves. Your ADC taking out nests asap is important aswell.
- In the spider cave, try to remember the spawn time and spawn locations for the spiders. The 2nd last wave is the bitch, and if you are prepared for it, and have ultimates saved, you will less likely have a chance to die there. You should also try to focus the big spiders first.
- On the Lion, most important as a ADC; While he does hes breath, he gets hes dmg reduction buff back up. Try to attack the boss until you see your damage go down by alot, and switch really quick to the pillar. If you are leaving the boss while its still vunerable, or keep pushing him with dmg reduction up, the fight become alot longer and harder. If you are getting hit by breath you should try to be closer to the boss right before the breath, and save mobility abilities (if you have).
- Hydra's damage are magical, so you want to switch to some magical protection after lion. Your melee getting Heartward Amulet should be enough.
- Mobility is really important on Hydra. Remember to have movement speed, and dodging abilities is more important than anything else.
- When you get marked by Hydra, try to spawn the rings away from your group and close to the walls.
- You should have all the buffs from the church; 20% Damage, Damage Reduction and Movement Speed.
Okay, since I got so many upvotes, and because people have been asking about this, I will give you the builds I use.
The builds I play may not be what you prefer, and that is alright, its just to give people who dont know what to use, a build that works for clearing Hard.
Keep in mind that these builds are ment for having all buffs from the church. If you dont have them, you have to pick more movement speed as a healer or adc / more defense and movement speed as a melee.
Melee Build (Confirmed working for full clear on most viable melees)
Core Items: Deathbringer, Demon Star, Asi and Devourers Gauntless (if you cant get max stacks for some reason, pick Bloodforge).
My Fill: Bloodforge* and Malice (After boar I change Malice into Sovereignty, and after lion, I switch Sovereignty into Heartward Amulet).
Possible Fills: The Executioner, Hastened Fatalis, Shifters Shield, Shogun's Kusari, Hide of the Nemean Lion, Bulwark of Hope, Gauntlet of Thebes.
ADC Build (Confirmed working for full clear on all Hunters (Xbalanque needs Transcendence))
Core Items: Deathbringer, Malice, Demon Star, Asi and Devourers Gauntless (After lion, I change Demon Star into Ninja Tabi)
My Fill: Bloodforge*
Possible Fills: The Executioner, Hastened Fatalis, Ichaival, Oddyseus' Bow, Transcendence.
* The reason I use triple lifesteal as Melee and ADC is because the build still have insane damage (aslong as the Healer have shogun), and its the most safe build. Double lifesteal is enough to not die from the damage ur supposed to take, atleast as an ADC, so its your choice what you want to do. If you go double lifesteal, I recommend switching the third into Executioner or Fatalis as a ADC, and into Fatalis or a Defensive if you are Melee.
Healer Build (Confirmed working for full clear on Aphrodite and Hel)
Core Items: Chronos Pendant, Pythagorem's Piece, Shogun's Kusari and Rod of Asclepius.
My Fill: Rod of Tahuti and Book of the Dead.
Possible Fills: Lotus Crown, Celestial Legion Helm, Voidstone, Gauntlet of Thebes, Book of Thoth.
The SS Tier
This is the perfect tank if you play with a healer. The fact that she cleave with her autoattacks gives her amazing AOE, and her high sustain damage in general works great together with lifesteal. Remember to not use her 1, autoattack is way more damage, and gives you back health.
(+) Insane damage, buffs and great survival in most of the dungeon.
(-) Can struggle to survive on hydra without healer.
This is the perfect tank if you play without a healer. Her selfheal is really good, and her movement and damage aura to the group is amazing. She is the best tank on hydra, and the safest way to go, even with a healer. However, Amaterasu is not as easy to play as Nike.
(+) Amazing survival and party buffs.
(-) Only decent damage.
The top healer. Great healing, decent damage and build-flex to pick up alot of auraitems. Remember to do damage with your healing ability, not only to do damage, but also to heal more.
(+) High healing, immunity and buffs.
(-) Her ass distracts me.
This is the strongest ADC, mainly because of hes ability to buff hes autoattacks. Use one shot to weakend the boss and switch back to damage. Hes rush is great aswell, and hes aoespell is decent. Take note that even tho cern is the best hunter, there is alot of other great hunters, so you should not feel forced to pick cern.
(+) Amazing damage and good mobility.
(-) Ultimate is useless.
The S+ Tier
Strong hunter with good damage, where all abilites are useful.
(+) Great damage and mobility.
(-) Nothing special.
Ah Muzen Cab
Another strong hunter, with usefull abilites and good damage.
(+) Amazing boss damage, great overall damage.
(-) No escape.
Yes, Ullr! Amazing singletarget burst makes him top tier for the last 2 bosses.
(+) Amazing burst, great overall damage.
(-) Bad AoE and twobutton escape.
An assasin that can work as tank, but works best in a triple dps comp, with amaterasu and a adc.
(+) Amazing mobility, great damage.
(-) A little squishy in the tank role.
The S Tier
Hel is a great healer aswell, that fit into any comp.
Erlang Shen works well as a tank, ur best choice if u wanna try something different than nike or ama.
Cupid can be really good in triple dps comps because of his healing and speedbuff together with hes good damage.
Artemis have a great burst and strong damage, and is your most safe pick if you struggle with spiders.
The S- Tier
Camozotz and Fenrir is good assassins , that can work as tanks or in triple dps comps, they have good damage, camo have selfheal, and fenrir have amazing mobility.
Vamana is a decent tank, but a little weaker than Erlang.
Medusa, Hou Yi and Xbalanque is all hunters with good damage and useful abilites that you can pick, play and do more than enough damage to complete Hard mode, but they are not as strong as some of the other hunters.
SS: Super strong. These are the best gods for this dungeon overall.
S+: These gods are really strong picks.
S: Strong picks.
S-: Good picks, with a little less to offer than the S gods.
A+: Viable for clear, but not prefered.
A: Enough power to be viable for clear if they are played really well.
A-: Probly not viable for clear, but I challenge you to try.
B: These gods are bad.
C: Dont play these gods.
D: These gods is not possible to pick, mainly because their ultimate can travel across maps.